SHARE Symposium: Tomorrow’s Medical World, Wednesday 28th September 2022, 1 - 3pm
Following the success of SHARE’s inaugural symposium in January 2022, we are proud to present the second online symposium of the series.
We are delighted to introduce Professor Dame Anna F Dominiczak, Chief Scientist Scotland (Health) as our keynote speaker. The event will be chaired by Professor Iain B McInnes CBE, Vice-Principal and Head of College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow.
Our Programme highlights five guest speakers who will share their experiences in the field of research:
- “Myth Busting” (SHARE), Professor Brian McKinstry, Professor Emeritus Primary Care eHealth, University of Edinburgh & SHARE Director
- “Implementing Precision Medicine in Diabetes”, Professor Ewan Pearson, Professor of Diabetic Medicine, University of Dundee
- “CORONAGENES”, Professor Albert Tenesa, Personal Chair of Quantitative Genetics, Royal School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh
- “The Future of Scottish Health Research”, Professor Dame Anna F Dominiczak, Chief Scientist Scotland (Health)
- “Detecting immunopeptidomes in cancer patient blood samples from SHARE Biobank”, Dr Simon Powis, Reader, School of Medicine, University of St Andrews
Please register here for the event.
A Teams calendar invitation will follow in due course. Please share this information with your colleagues.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued; this may be used towards any CPD points.
SHARE is a valuable resource for researchers, assisting recruitment to studies by providing suitable volunteers matching eligibility criteria. Researchers can also apply to obtain anonymised samples and genomic information to assist with projects.
View our researcher information on our website.
We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday 28th September 2022.